ASAA2022 is pleased to invite you – book publishers, distributers and related organisations – to exhibit and promote your publications during the upcoming 4th Biennial Conference of the African Studies Association of Africa (ASAA2022), held in Cape Town, South Africa 11–16 April 2022, co-hosted by HUMA – the Institute for Humanities in Africa.
We are expecting exhibitors from all over the world, among them
- commercial book publishers,
- academic book publishers,
- distributors and
- other relevant organisations.
Your participation will not only give you an opportunity to interact with scholars but also network with international publishers and booksellers.
We look forward to your participation.
Dates and times: 13-16 April 2022, 8:30–17:00 SAST (GMT+2)
Venue: University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business Academic Conference Centre
Participation and prices
3m x 2m Stand:
R 18 000 | U$ 1 200
2m x 2m Stand:
R 14 000 | U$ 930
R18 000 | U$ 1 200
Stand allocation will be on a first-come, first-served basis, so please book early to secure your space.
Stands are equipped with panels, 1 table, 2 chairs, display shelves, plug points and lighting.
Stands will be set up on Tuesday 12 April 2022 at 2:00 pm and dismantled on Saturday 16 April 2022 at 2:00 pm. Exhibition opening hours are 08:30 am – 5:30 pm every day, 13–16 April 2022. Bookings and corresponding payments must be received by 15 March 2022. Stands are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. No cancellation after 25 March 2022. ASAA2022 reserves the right to reallocate stands booked but not fully paid for.
Virtual booths include a dedicated page on the conference website with information, including pictures and videos as provided.
Via our online booking form.
For advice and questions, email your ASAA2022 trade contact: Deidre Raubenheimer, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why exhibit at the ASAA Conference
The ASAA Conference is the largest gathering of African and Africa-focused scholars and researchers globally held in Africa, bringing together an average of 600 delegates from across especially the African continent and different parts of the world. Previous conference editions were held in Ibadan (2015), Accra (2017), and Nairobi (2019) with support from the International Development Research Centre (IDRC). Over the years, it has seen an increase in the diversity of participation, bringing together researchers, intellectuals, policymakers, activists and corporate actors to discuss relevant continental challenges.
The African Studies Association of Africa (ASAA) was established in 2013 to promote Africa’s specific contributions to the advancement of knowledge about the peoples and cultures of Africa and the Diaspora.
Stand exhibition information
Materials must arrive in Cape Town on/or before 15 March 2022. Note that you are responsible for all customs expenses.
All materials must be shipped to:
Attention D. Raubenheimer
Unit 9B North Block, Upper East Side
31 Brickfield Road
Salt River 7921
Clearly label all boxes as follows:
[NAME OF YOUR ORGANISATION]
ASAA2022, [Book titles]
Please email to email@example.com the date of your shipment, the shipping method used, the total number of boxes, and the list of books in the shipment.
Virtual booths include a dedicated page on the ASAA2022 conference website with information, including pictures and videos as provided.
You may add any of the below:
- A high-resolution company logo
- A description of company
- A link to your company website
- Links to electronic flyers or brochures available on your website
- Your organisation’s videos available on YouTube, links to be sent by no later than 15 March 2022
- Pictures you may deem relevant, such as company representatives’ portrait pictures
- A calendar function for conference attendees to set up appointments with your company representatives.
- Conference attendees will be able to book a time slot of 15 minutes.
- The booking confirmations need to be linked to the representative’s email address so that they can coordinate their calendars. We therefore need the designated email address of the representatives who will be present in the booth, i.e. two representatives per booth.
- Please advise your available times for appointments so that the calendar can be set up accordingly.